Monday 4 May 2020

05.05.20 English Day 31 Letter Writing

English Day 2: To understand the features of a letter 

Think back to yesterday's English lesson and remind yourself who you are writing your letter to.

Watch the video below:

There are some key features that we must include in our letters:
  • Your address
  • The date
  • The address of the recipient (who you are sending it to)
  • "Dear ___"
  • Introduction
  • Main body
  • Signature / Sign off

TASK 1: Can you find all of the above features in the letter below? 

TASK 2: Answer these questions in your book or talk through them with an adult.
  • What person is the letter written in? 
  • How is it structured? (What does it look like on the page) 
  • What punctuation is included? 
  • Is it formal or informal?




5 Oakwood Avenue,

Edlington,

Doncaster,

DN12 1QV

Monday 4th May 2020



FAO Communications and Engagement

Doncaster Royal Infirmary,

Armthorpe Road,

Doncaster,

DN2 5LT



Dear all at DRI,

  I am writing to thank you for all of your hard work over the last few months.

 I know that there are doctors, nurses and surgeons within a hospital, as well as cleaners, cooks and other members of staff. It is thanks to all of you, that me and my family have been able to stay safe in our home. Every day you have to leave the safety of your house to care for strangers! You work long hours, sometimes through the night, which I can imagine is very tiring. I know that you have already saved a lot of lives and will hopefully save many more. Every Thursday, I stand on my doorstep and clap for you because I think you deserve a huge well done!

 Again, thank you for keeping me safe, I really appreciate how hard you are working.

 Yours faithfully,

Susie Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment