Tuesday 5 May 2020

06.05.20 Eng Day 32 Letter Writing

 English Day 3: To create sentences to use in my letter.

Revisit the learning you did on Monday. Remind yourself- why do you want to say thank you?

E.g. I am thanking The NHS because:

  • They are keeping me and my family safe
  • They continue to work every day whilst most people are safe at home
  • They have saved many lives
  • They work every hour of the day


Letters are written in the first person because you are the person writing them. Therefore, you will use words such as ‘I’, ‘me’, ‘my’, ‘we’ and ‘our’. However, you are writing to somebody else, therefore you will also use words such as ‘you’ and ‘your’.

TASK: Have a go at putting all of your bullet points into full sentences. If you want to challenge yourself, you could connect two bullet points together using a conjunction (and, also, furthermore, as well as etc.).


Example 1:

Bullet point: They are keeping me and my family safe
Full sentence: I would like to thank you for keeping me and my family safe during this difficult time.


Example 2:

Bullet point: They have saved many lives
Full sentence: I think it is amazing that you have already saved many lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment