Friday 24 April 2020

Maths Day 21 24.04.20 Six Times Tables

This lesson is at the request of Joseph who I had the pleasure of seeing yesterday!

The 6's, 7's, and 8's are typically some of the most difficult multiplication facts to learn.

In class we have a special way of learning our times tables.

The first step is to investigate our new times table.

Today I would like you to create a poster of all the different ways that you could represent your 6 times tables.


Here is an example of my poster that shows the 8 times tables. As you can see, I have represented by 8 times tables by using:

A 100 square
An array
A blank number line where I have shown jumps of 8
Groups of 8
Repeated addition
Bar Model

TASK: Create your own poster for the 6 times table. You can use my poster as a model and you could create your own using paper and colours or on your computer!

Be sure to send your posters to myself and Miss Vardy at year3@hilltop.doncaster.sch.uk

From Miss Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment